We are the four Italian Teams of the ITN Astrochemical Origins ACO (University of Perugia, PI Nadia Balucani; University of Turin, PI Piero Ugliengo; University of Trento, PI Daniela Ascenzi; Osservatorio Astronomico di Arcetri, PI Claudio Codella) plus the Bologna unit led by Sonia Melandri. This project is a spin-off of ACO and the aim is to extend the same combined interdisciplinary approach to the investigation of interstellar/extraterrestrial molecules including elements beyond the Second Period of the Periodic Table of the Elements.
- Crossed molecular beam machine with mass spectrometric detection and time-of-flight analysis
- Cavity-based Fourier Transform Microwave spectrometer working in the 6-18 GHz range
- Free-jet Absorption Millimeter-Wave spectrometer in the 60-118 GHz range.
- Guided ion beam apparatus
- Large observational programs (ASAI, SOLIS, FAUST, ALMA-DOT)